Page 1 2 >>
1. Rajiv, Sanjiv and Vijay join a running race. The distance is 1500 metres. Rajiv beats Sanjiv by
30 metres and Vijay by 100 metres. By how much could Sanjiv beat Vijay over the full distance
if they both ran as before?
2. What is the sum of the first 70 odd numbers.
3. If you wished to plant some trees so that each was equidistant from every other tree, what is
the largest number you could plant?
4. A heavy safe is to be moved. Two cylindrical steel bars of diameter 7 centimeters are used as
rollers. When the rollers have made one revolution, how far will the safe have moved forward?
5. Can you write 10 numbers from least to greatest which have a remainder of 3 after division by 7.
What kind of series is formed and what is the common difference?
6. Can you tell how many faces does a stellated Dodecahedron have?
7. A goldsmith was given a chain to be repaired. The chain was torn into five equal sections of three links
each. The goldsmith began to wonder how many links he would have to open up and then solder. After
some thinking he decided that it would be four. What do you think? Could he have done this job with
opening up a fewer links and then soldered?
8. What particular geometrical shape do you associate with the cell in a honey comb.
9. What is the name of the line that joins all the points of the same latitude on the earth?
10.What is the name of the solid formed by cutting a pyramid or a cone by two parallel lines.
Page 1 2 Answers >>